Blog Post 2: Why did I choose my major?
👩Blog Post 2: 👩
Why did I choose my major?
Hi everyone!, in this second blog, i'll be writing about my studies.
I am currently studying Public Administration in the University of Chile, I'm a second year student attending to virtual classes.-
![]() |
| My friends and I, the only ones that made the experience a little better |
As I grew up I wanted to be a scientist, this is how I started studying medicine when I was 17 years old, at the same university where I study now, but I was wrong, that was not for me, more than a wonderful experience it was a torture…
![]() |
| Epitelial Cell |
This is how I decided a new beginning for myself. That’s when I decided to look for new options, with the help of a psychologist. Some of the options that I found was to study a degree in biology, or going with a radicall change to an area related to social sciences, finaly I found career that caught my attention, Public Administration (voilà!) , thanks to the help of my psychologist and the counselor that I met at the central house of the University of Chile.
![]() |
| Facilities of the college of Government and Public management of the University Of Chile |
university facilities, found out what things I could do in the future, and I decided to make this my new carrer. I took the PSU again and entered Public Administration, marked as my first option this time. My current experience in the career it has been moderately pleasant, perhaps a bit strange given the current context that doesn't allow us to attend to classes as its supposed to, with all of that I can say that it has been a good experience overall, having time to acomplish my academic goals and also, to develop my hobbies.




Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.
ResponderEliminaryou can still be a hero, because you are helping the community. In general it is not easy to choose a specialty.
ResponderEliminarthank you for your kind words!!, I hope I can be a hero one day <3
EliminarOMG! Our stories are very similar! I am happy that we made the right decision<3
ResponderEliminarI noticed that, it's very curious! and I am very happy for you!
EliminarBy studying Public Administration we can all be heroes in the future, we can´t fly but we can still help the people
ResponderEliminar
EliminarI definitely agree!, we will be heroes who contribute to this world
Your choice to leave medicine was the best, the experience of studying should never be terrible, I am happy for your courage.
ResponderEliminarYes, I totally agree, studying should make you feel pleased every day
Eliminarwhy you wanted study medicine?.
ResponderEliminarDo you know the eggp or you had only online class?
hi Virginia, I wanted to study medicine to one day make a structural change in health, and also see cells haha. And both, I was able to know the school of government and public management once I was in Santiago (as in August 2019) and now, in online mode :)
EliminarI also wanted to study medicine, I loved cardiology when I was in school, but when I reached third grade my desire to study this career completely disappeared :(
ResponderEliminar
Eliminarwoo cardiology is a bit difficult but nice! I liked the anatomy of the heart, it was difficult to memorize haha
omg, i wanted to be a doctor too!
ResponderEliminarBut I realized it wasn't my thing before I went to university :-z
that's very cool, I'm glad you found what you like <3
Eliminaroooh It must have been difficult to study something that you think you would like :( good that now you are happy with your real career<333
ResponderEliminarIt was :( but now I'm more calm with my decision
Eliminar