Blog Post 4: A Photo and its Story

馃尳 Blog Post 4:  A Photo and its Story 馃尳

In this photo you can see my uncles showing their corn plantations, in a beautiful place called Pencahue (Pengkawe, place of pumpkin in Mapudungun). This photo for me means the first time that I alone travelled to a completely new place.  I went on holiday season, alone, with my backpack and a lot of hope to have a good time with myself. 

For me, it was a starting point for new adventures, at the time this meant a lot to me because I felt so pleased with life, for allowing me to enjoy such beautiful moments.

This is of interest to me due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, in which one of the things that I missed the most is traveling. When I looked for a meaningful photo for me, I remembered that specific moment.  I don't know why but at the time I felt powerful, well…I could move to the place that I wanted, eat whatever I wanted, manage my time as I pleased.

The story behind the photo is the following:

I had planned in that summer to do whatever I wanted, so I took a trip, I did a medium-long journey, first from Carahue to Santiago, then from Santiago to Talca and finally Pencahue, my final destination. In this place I finally met my uncles (we had only spoken on the cellphone before). It was a wonderful experience. I toured for the watermelons fields, I ate watermelons and tomatoes, and met the pigs (who ate a lot of melons and watermelons)

 





Comentarios

  1. How nice to be disconnected for a few days and have a good time with family and nature in its splendor.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. What a wonderful experience! I'm glad you had that unique opportunity to get to know that beautiful land and meet with your uncles :)

    ResponderEliminar
  3. nice pic!! eat from the garden it's so wonderful

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

Blog Post 3: My Favorite Piece of Technology